Subject: COLLECTION (2) Cranberry Quick Breads
From: Janie McKinney <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Oct 1997 21:27:41 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

CRANBERRY BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD (MUFFINS OR LOAF)
CRANBERRY APPLE QUICK BREAD (MUFFINS OR LOAF)

CRANBERRY BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD (MUFFINS OR LOAF)

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup blueberries
Sugar to sprinkle over top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  If you want to make muffins, grease a 12-cup
muffin tin.  If you want to make a loaf, grease and flour an 8 1/2" loaf pan.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Combine egg, milk and oil in a small mixing bowl.  Add the liquid
ingredients to the dry ones, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
Stir in cranberries and blueberries.

Distribute the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups or spread evenly
into the prepared loaf pan.  Sprinkle tops of muffins/top of loaf with
sugar. Bake about 25 minutes (or until golden brown) for the muffins; about
an hour (or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean) for the loaf. 

Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.

Makes 12 muffins or 1 loaf.

CRANBERRY APPLE QUICK BREAD (MUFFINS OR LOAF)

2 cups peeled, chopped apple
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  If you want to make muffins, grease a 12-cup
muffin tin.  If you want to make a loaf, grease and flour an 8 1/2" loaf pan.

Combine apples, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl.  Add egg, mixing
well. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.  Add to apple
mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.  Stir in
cranberries and walnuts.  

Distribute the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups or spread evenly
into the prepared loaf pan.  Bake about 25 minutes (or until golden brown)
for the muffins; about an hour (or until toothpick inserted into center
comes out clean) for the loaf. 

Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.

Makes 12 muffins or 1 loaf.

submitted by Janie McKinney

Please send e-mail reply to <[email-masked]>.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.