Subject: Cranberries in Red Wine
From: [email-masked] (Dr Pepper)
Date: 1 Dec 1996 22:30:36 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

CRANBERRIES IN RED WINE

By Larry Cook via Ron Cheshire aka Dr Pepper

1 package (12 oz) fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup dry red wine (Cabernet or Zinfindel)
1 cinnamon stick 3 inches long
1 piece orange zest about 7 inches long

Pick over cranberries removing stems and shriveled berries.  Rinse under
cold water, drain. Combine sugar and wine in medium sauce pan, heat,
stirring, over medium heat to boiling. Stir in cranberries, cinnamon stick
and orange zest. Increase heat to high. Continue stirring until mixture
returns to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, simmer partiallycovered
stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove
from heat. Sauce will be runny. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Lift
out zest, let cool slightly. Cut zest crosswise into jullienne strips,
stir back into cranberry mixture. Let cool at room temperature. Spoon
mixture into jars with tight caps and store in refrigerator up to two
months. 

Dr Pepper
10 - 2 - 4
Good Anytime
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. 
Recipes/requests go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to
[email-masked].  Please allow several days for your submission to
appear.