Subject: Crab and Rice
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jun 2000 06:41:26 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Crab and Rice

6 - 8 crabs
1 large onion
1 small sweet pepper (optional)
1 cup fresh (boiled or tender) pigeon peas
2 cups rice
3 - 4 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt, pepper, paprika, thyme to taste

First wash crab and remove biters and put aside, separate
crab bodies from backs, scoop out crab fat into bowl break
bodies into sections, beat bodies and biters with coach
beater. Set aside. 

Peal and chop onion, and sweet pepper. Fry until tender.
Stir in Tomato paste, crab fat and seasonings. Simmer 5
minutes. Add 3 cups of water, bring to boil. Add peas and
crab, bring to boil. Boil 5 minutes, add rice and bring back
to boil. Turn to simmer and cover pot until water is almost
gone Cook on low until rice is tender. 

http://www.recipeway.com/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.