Subject: Country Style Zucchini Soup
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Aug 99 10:02:04 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Country Style Zucchini Soup

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove chopped garlic
3 medium-size potatoes
1 sliced onion
2 stalks celery
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
6 cups rich beef stock
1 large tomato
1 pound zucchini
2 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons grated Parmesan

Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut celery into 1/2 inch
pieces.  Core, blanch, peel and cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch chunks.
Cut marrow into 1/4 inch slices. In a large saucepan, heat oil and
brown garlic. Discard garlic. Add potatoes, stir to coat , and cook
for about 5 minutes. Add onion, celery, parsley, and oregano, and
cook until onions are softened. Add stock, tomatoes, marrow, and
salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is
tender. Pour soup into individual bowls and sprinkle freshly ground
pepper and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each serving. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.