Subject: Cold Noodles
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Aug 1996 12:24:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

Hi everyone!  This is great for a summertime meal! 
 
COLD NOODLES 

1 bunch green onions 
2 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned 
2 (7 ounce) packages vermicelli 
5 ounces cooked ham, cut into thin strips (I use deli ham) 
1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or peanuts) 
1/3 cup vegetable oil 
2 tbs sesame seeds (optional--but great) 
2 tbs sesame oil 
1/3 cup soy sauce 
3 tbs ground coriander (I use cilantro) 
3/4 tbs chili oil 

Cut green onions into 2 inch pieces, cut lengthwise into thin strips.  Set
aside.  Place chicken in small saucepan; add water to cover.  Bring just to
a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done. 
Remove chicken from broth, reserve broth for another use.  Let chicken
cool; cut into 1/2 inch strips.  Set strips aside.  Cook pasta until done;
drain.  Rinse pasta with cold water; drain well.  Place pasta in a large
serving bowl.  Add reserved green onions, chicken strips, ham and nuts and
toss gently.  Combine vegetable oil, sesame seeds and sesame oil in small
saucepan; cook over medium heat until seeds are lightly browned.  Remove
from heat, and let cool slightly.  Add soy sauce, coriander, and chili oil;
stir well.  Pour soy sauce mixture over pasta mixture and toss gently. 
Cover and chill. 
 
Enjoy!! 
Julie 
Michigan, USA 
----
Recipe Internet     Recipes from AROUND THE WORLD   
to subscribe, send E-mail to [email-masked] 
with the subject SUBSCRIBE RECIPES

Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.