Subject: Citrus Zucchini Marmalade
From: [email-masked] (Robin Cowdrey)
Date: 25 Aug 1996 12:23:16 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This makes a surprisingly good marmalade. I use my mouli with the coarse
grater attachment to grate the zucchini - a regular cheese grater will work
as well.  I couldn't find crystallized ginger so used fresh gingerroot
instead and it was just fine.

CITRUS ZUCCHINI MARMALADE

6 lb    zucchini, peeled, cut and seeded
12 c    sugar
3       each oranges and lemons
2 T     chopped crystallized ginger, finely minced

Put zucchini through food grinder into bowl (I use my mouli with the
coarse grater attachment - a regular cheese grater will work as well). 
Pour sugar over top; cover and let stand overnight.  In morning transfer
to large pot. Scrub citrus fruit well; cut into wedges.  Remove seeds; put
through grinder into pot.  Add ginger. Stir over medium heat until sugar
dissolves; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Boil until thickened,
stirring occasionally, about 1 hour 15 minutes.  Cool a small spoonful on
chilled saucer to see if it gels. Fill hot sterilized jars to within
1/4-inch of top.  Seal. 

Robin Cowdrey (Mr.)                     e-mail: [email-masked]
EDMONTON, Alberta                       phone:  (403) 423-2555
Canada
~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.