Subject: Monster Cinnamon Rolls
From: [email-masked] (Lindy)
Date: 1 Mar 2000 07:13:04 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: [email-masked]
>I'm looking for some quick and easy cinnamon roll recipes.  Either bread
>machine or manual recipes.  Thank you.

These are fabulous, but I wouldn't try these unless you are
comfortable with yeast doughs.  --Lindy ;)

Monster Cinnamon Rolls 
Yields 12 large rolls 

Dough : 
3/4 cup unsalted butter 
3/4 cup +1 tsp sugar 
3, 1/4 oz pkgs active dry yeast 
5 large eggs 
1 cup milk 
1 1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 cup warm water 
8.5 to 9.5 cups flour 

Filling : 
5 cups packed brown sugar 
3 Tbsp ground cinnamon 
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter 

Frosting : 
1/2 lb cream cheese, softened 
1 tsp vanilla 
1/4 cup whipping cream 
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted 

For the dough, heat the butter with the milk, 3/4 cup of the sugar and the salt 
in a small saucepan until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool. In a large 
mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, add the remaining teaspoon 
of sugar, stir and set aside for 10 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly.   Add 
the lukewarm milk mixture and the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the 
flour a cup at a time, stirring and using enough flour to form a stiff dough. 
Turn out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and satiny, approximately 
10 minutes (or place in a bowl of an electric mixer and knead with a dough hook 
until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl, approximately 5 minutes). Place 
the dough in a very large buttered bowl, turn to butter the top, and allow to 
rise, covered loosely with a kitchen towel, in a warm place until doubled in 
bulk, approximately 1 hour. Punch down the dough and roll out into a large 
rectangle, 24x36 inches. 

Butter 2 9x13 inch glass baking dishes. For the filling, beat together the brown
sugar, butter and cinnamon until well combined. Spread evenly over the surface 
of the dough. Roll up lengthwise and cut at 2 inch intervals to make 12 rolls. 
Place 6 rolls in each buttered dish. Cover loosely with a kitchen towel, in a 
warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.   Preheat the oven to 350 
degrees. Bake the rolls for about 20 to 30 minutes or until puffed and browned. 
Cool to room temperature on racks.   For the frosting, beat the cream cheese, 
cream and vanilla until well combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat until 
smooth and soft, not stiff. Frost the rolls and serve immediately.  

>From The Last Suppers by Diane Mott Davidson 

--Lindy ;)
Happy eating!

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.