Subject: Cinnamon Buns (2) Collection
From: "Robin Cowdrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 2000 07:45:27 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Cinnamon Buns
Cinnamon Buns - Bread Machine

Cinnamon Buns

1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup warm water
1 pkg active dry yeast; or
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
2  eggs; beaten
4 cups (approx.) all-purpose flour
   , --FILLING----
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Dissolve 1 teaspoon of the sugar in warm water; sprinkle in yeast. Let
stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat
milk, remaining sugar, butter and salt until butter has melted; let cool to
lukewarm. In large bowl, combine eggs, milk mixture and yeast mixture.

Using electric mixer, gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups of the flour; beat for 2
minutes or until smooth. With wooden spoon, gradually stir in enough of
the remaining flour to make soft, slightly sticky dough that comes away
from side of bowl. On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 7 minutes or
until elastic.

Place in large greased bowl, turning to grease all over; cover with plastic
wrap (or greased waxed paper and tea towel). Let rise in warm place for 1
to 1-1/2 hours (or in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight) or until
doubled in bulk and impression remains when fingertips are pressed into
dough. Punch down dough.

Filling: Meanwhile, in saucepan over medium heat, melt 3/4 cup of the
butter with 3/4 cup of the sugar, whisking until smooth. Pour into greased
13-x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the pecans; set aside. Melt
remaining butter; set aside. Combine remaining sugar, pecans and cinnamon;
set aside.  On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 18-x 14-inch
rectangle. Brush with all but 2 tablespoons melted butter, leaving 1/2-inch
border uncovered; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Starting at long side,
tightly roll up, pinching seam to seal. Brush with remaining butter. Cut
into 15 pieces; place cut sides down in pan. Cover and let rise for 1 hour
or until doubled in bulk.

Bake in 3750F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crusts are golden and tops
sound hollow when tapped. Let stand in pan for 3 minutes. Invert onto
serving platter, scraping off any remaining filling in pan to drizzle over
buns.

VARIATION: Chelsea Buns: Omit pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 cup raisins or
currants
over sugar-coated dough before rolling up.

Contributor:  Canadian Living - March, 1991

Yield: Makes 15 buns

Cinnamon Buns - Bread Machine

3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter; cubed
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon orange rind; grated
1  egg; beaten
1 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
   , --FILLING----
1/2 cup butter
1-1/4 cups brown sugar; packed
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup pecans; chopped

Into pan of 1-1/2 to 2 lb bread machine, add the first eight ingredients in
order listed Sprinkle with yeast. According to manufacturers
instructions, choose DOUGH setting. When complete, remove from pan and pull
out blade.
Gently knead for 10 seconds. Cover with tea towel; let rest for 15 minutes.

Filling: In saucepan, bring 1/3 cup each of the butter and sugar to boil
over medium-high heat; whisk for 2 minutes or until dissolved. Pour into
greased 13- x 9-inch cake pan. Roll out dough to 18- x 10-inch rectangle.
Melt remaining butter; brush all but 1 tablespoon over dough. Leaving
1/2-inch border, sprinkle with remaining sugar, then cinnamon, raisins and
nuts. Roll up from long side; brush with remaining butter. Cut into 12
pieces; place, cut side up, in prepared dish. Cover and let rise for about
1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
Bake in 375:F oven for about 25 minutes or until golden and buns sound
hollow when tapped. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto large flat
platter, scraping any remaining filling over top.

NOTE: Recipe is modified for use in a Sanyo Bread Machine.
Contributor:  Canadian Living Magazine (November, 1996)

Yield: 12 servings

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.