Subject: Peach Crisp
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jul 1999 09:04:38 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Diabetic, Low-Fat Peach Crisp

FILLING

2 tablespoons sugar OR fructose OR heat-stable sugar substitute equal to 2
tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (6 to 8 medium) OR frozen peaches
(two 16 oz. bags), thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla

TOPPING

1 cup oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (optional)
2 tablespoons sugar OR fructose OR heat-stable sugar substitute equal to 2
tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350  F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray. 
In large bowl, combine sugar or sweetener, flour and cinnamon; mix well. Add 
peaches and vanilla; stir until fruit is evenly coated. Spoon into baking dish. 
Combine topping ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until fruit feels tender when pierced with a sharp 
knife. Serve warm. Makes 9 servings.

Calories   160   Fat   6 g   Sodium   60 mg   Fiber   3 g    Carbs   21 g. 
Exchanges 1/2 starch 1 fat, 1 fruit.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.