Subject: Chicken Yakisoba
From: [email-masked] (Recipe Queen)
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 19:19:33 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                     Hallmark Inn's Chicken Yakisoba

Recipe By     : The Hallmark Inn, Hillsobro, Oregon
Serving Size  : 1    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Japanese

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/2  cup           soy sauce -- reduced sodium kind
     1/2  cup           water
     1/2  cup           granulated sugar
   6      tablespoons   dark sesame oil
   3      cloves        garlic -- minced
   1      tablespoon    fresh ginger -- grated
   6                    boneless -- skinless chicken
                        -- breasts halves, 24
                        -- ounces
  28      ounces        fresh yakisoba noodles -- uncooked***
   1      large         carrot -- finely julienned
   1      large         yellow onion -- finely julienned
                        -- sesame seed for garnish
                        -- sliced green onions for garnish

To marinate chicken: in a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, sugar, 2 
tablespoons sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Place the chicken in a plastic bag 
and add 6 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture; close bag and marinate in the 
refrigerator for 24 hours. Reserve remaining soy sauce mixture for cooking the 
noodles.  To cook: Remove the noodles from the packages and gently separate. 
Reserve seasoning packets for another use or discard.  In a large skillet or wok
over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Add carrot and onion; saute until
almost brown. Reduce heat to medium and add noodles. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or 
until the noodles begin to stick to the pan. Add the reserve soy sauce mixture 
and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes longer.  Meanwhile, drain chicken breasts and 
discard marinade. In a separate skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame 
oil. Saute the chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Cut
cooked breast into julienne strips.  Divide the noodles evenly among 4 bowls and
fan the chicken breast over the top. Garnish with sesame seed and green onions. 
Serve in large bowls. 

This recipe makes very generous servings.

***Note: Fresh yakisoba noodles are available in the produce section
of many supermarkets.

Typos by Brenda Adams <[email-masked]

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.