Subject: Chicken Vesuvio
From: Margaret Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Mar 1996 15:00:50 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

> If anyone out there has any good tasty low fat recipes
> please e-mail them to me as well as posting here. I would appreciate
> them, thanks.
> Bonnie

Here is my current favorite chicken dish.  I use flash-frozen breast
tenders which require no trimming and defrost in the microwave in 
10 minutes or less.  Spray the dish with olive oil flavored spray, and 
have sliced onions standing by in the freezer.  

Chicken Vesuvio

8 chicken breast halves, boneless & skinless
4 large red potatoes
1 Tbl olive oil
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
1 Tbl fresh rosemary leaves
2 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 C green onions, chopped
1/4 C pitted black olives, sliced
1 C fresh mushrooms, sliced

Rinse chicken & pat dry.  Scrub & quarter potatoes.  Place chicken and 
potatoes in casserole dish; drizzle olive oil & lemon juice over.  Add 
rosemary & garlic.  Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, 
turning occasionally. (It's sooooo much better if you don't skip this 
step).  

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Remove chicken from refrigerator and add 
onion.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Lower temperature to 400 degrees and add 
olives and mushrooms; cook another 30 minutes (this is too long in my 
opinion- 15 min did fine last night).  Serve on platter with juices 
poured over all.

Goes great with steamed green beans with a teensie bit of lemon 
sprinkled on.

Enjoy!
Margaret Brewer

===
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked]. 
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.