Subject: Steamed, Plum Flavored Chicken
From: [email-masked] (crackers)
Date: 2 Jul 2000 19:23:36 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Steamed, Plum Flavored Chicken

2 chicken thighs
1/2 onion
1/2 bundle chives (asatsuki)
salt
sake
oil

Plum Ponzu Sauce 
3-4 salted, picked plums (25g picked plum paste)
5 Tbsp ponzu (soy sauce with vinegar or citron juice, commonly sold in
stores)
1 leek
2 Tbsp roasted sesame
red chili pepper powder, as required

Remove the excess fat and the sinews from the chicken. Heat some oil in a frying
pan. Put in the chicken skin side down. Fry thoroughly on medium until golden 
brown. When the skin of the chicken is crispy, transfer to a microwave dish skin
side up. Sprinkle on the sake and the salt. Wrap the dish with plastic wrap. 
Heat in a microwave for 5 minutes.  Slice thinly the onion against the fiber. 
Soak in water. Pat and dry with a cloth. Chop the chive roughly. Remove the pits
from the picked plums and strain into a bowl. Mince the leek and add to the 
bowl. Add the ponzu, roasted sesame and chili powder. Mix. Mix the onion and the
chives. Chop the chicken into bite-sizes and transfer to a dish. Pour on the 
plum ponzu sauce. Put the onion and chives on top.

 (4 servings)

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.