Subject: Chicken Paprikash
From: Susannah Kolesar <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 1999 06:04:46 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

We are having our new pastor over for dinner tomorrow night and then going
to a concert. I don't know if the pastor likes low fat food, but that's
what he'll get here. Thought I would share the main course and dessert
recipes with you. In addition we'll have rice pilaf and steamed asparagas.
Want to come over and join us?

CHICKEN PAPRIKASH

1 3-lb chicken, skin and fat removed (only I'm using boneless breasts)
salt & freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 onion thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
1/2 cup defatted chicken stock
1-1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. In a heavy, nonstick skillet
heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes
until the underside is golden. Turn the chicken and cook the other side for
the same time. Sprinkle the onions and garlic around the chicken and cook 2
to 3 minutes, stirring until the onions are softened. Sprinkle with paprika
and cook, turning the chicken and onion over, about one minute. Turn the
heat to low, add chicken stock and cover the pan. Simmer, turning the
chicken occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is no longer
pink inside. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
In a measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the yogurt and cornstarch.
Add to the skillet and cook stirring until the mixture is boiling and
thickened. Season with salt & pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and
serve hot. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serves 4.

341 calories; 41 g protein; 13 g fat; 15 g carbohydrate
This is from the Recipe Rescue Cookbook put out by Eating Well (I sure miss
that magazine!!)

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.