Subject: Chicken in Parchment
From: "Doreen Randal" <[email-masked]>
To: "Recipes" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Aug 1997 06:07:18 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>From: [email-masked] (Dakota Dick's Sportscards & Comics)
>Subject: Paper Wrapped Chicken
>If anybody has this recipe, please send me a copy and post here. Thank you

I got this off the net about 4 years ago, I hope it's what you are
looking for.

CHICKEN IN PARCHMENT
From: Christy Corse Kalahar

Something that I have made quite a few times that is easy, quick,
guaranteed and a lovely presentation is fish or chicken in parchment
paper.
You can do this in aluminum foil but it is much more elegant in the
paper.  I had quite a bit of trouble finding the paper but you should be
able to find it, if not at the grocery store, then at a gourmet shop.
You can do quite a few variations on this theme and the directions are
basically the same. I will give you a basic recipe that I used for chicken
parchment paper boneless/skinless chicken breasts (however many you prefer
dijon large grained mustard thyme onion thinly sliced carrot julienned
Cut the parchment paper into circles large enough to be folded over
and sealed around the breasts.
Pound chicken breasts to make an even thickness.  Slightly salt and
pepper breasts.  Spread a thin layer of mustard on each breast.
Cover each breast with about 1/8 cup of carrots each and a few rings
of the onion then sprinkle about an 1/8 of a tsp of thyme on each breast.
Place each breast on half of the circle of parchment paper and fold over to
form a semi-circle and seal the edges well by folding them a few times
Cook on a cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes in a 400 F oven.
You serve each packet per person and cut an X in the top to serve.
This is so simple and can be done with fish using any sort of toppings.
Some of my favourites are:fish with tomato slices, olives, oregano, and
zucchini  or  chicken with lemon slices, onion, lemon pepper and carrots.

               Enjoy,  Doreen

Doreen Randal
Wanganui
New Zealand

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.