Subject: Chicken in Red Wine
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:10:10 EST
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

POLLO EN VINO ROJO
(Chicken in Red Wine) 

1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb.)
broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil or cooking oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
2 slices bacon, cut up
1 (8 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
1 carrot, chopped (1 1/2 c.)
1 cup dry red wine

Place chicken pieces in plastic bag in deep bowl.
Combine vinegar, oil, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, salt and 1/2
teaspoon pepper. Pour over chicken; close bag and marinate 6
to 8 hours in refrigerator. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon
until crisp; drain, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon and set
aside. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Brown chicken
pieces in reserved drippings, about 15 minutes. Drain off fat.
Remove garlic and bay leaf from marinade. Pour marinade over
chicken in skillet. Add undrained tomatoes, carrot and wine.
Cover and cook over low heat 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken
is tender. Remove chicken. Stir bacon into sauce; season with
salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Serves 4.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.