Subject: Chicken Couscous with Raisins and Lime Juice
From: [email-masked] (Amy Guennewig)
Date: 28 Aug 1996 05:23:26 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Chicken Couscous with Raisins and Lime Juice

1 T olive oil
1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 whole small breasts),
cut into bite size pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1 can (13 3/4 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 c raisins
1 box (10 oz) 5-minute couscous
1 c parsley leaves
2 limes
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.  Add chicken and cook 6 to 7
minutes or until pale golden, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile cut
tomatoes in half and mince garlic. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute
longer.  Add tomato halves and cook 1 minute more, stirring occasionally. 
Add chicken broth and raisins and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. 
Cover skillet and remove from heat.  Let stand 5 minutes. Chop parsley and
squeeze limes (you need 1/4 cup juice).  Uncover skillet and stir in
parsley, lime juice, salt, and pepper.  Toss gently to mix. 

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.