Subject: Chicken Argentina
From: Janie McKinney <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Jul 1997 20:02:37 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

CHICKEN ARGENTINA

from "Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans & Jars"
by Cecil Dyer

The California Olive Industry used this recipe in a national
advertising campaign, with good reason -- it's delicious! 
I serve it with rice. 

1 (3-lb.) frying chicken, cut up (I used chicken breasts -- worked fine)
1 lime
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups pitted California ripe olives
1/4 cup oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 medium red pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cups orange juice

Marinate chicken pieces in juice from the lime (approximately 1/3 cup)
for at least 30 minutes.  Combine salt, pepper, and paprika; sprinkle
over chicken.  Brown on all sides in oil.  Place chicken in baking pan,
add olives, onion, green pepper, red pepper, and orange juice.  Cover
and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken to platter.  Serve with pan juices.  Serves 4.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.