Subject: Chicken & Veal Parmigian'
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:52:22 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Lucie said this about that:

> I'm looking for a great recipe for Chicken or Veal Parmigiana.  I love that
> meal but I can't find a really good recipe to make it at home.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: VEAL PARMIGIANA
 Categories: Veal, Italian
      Yield: 6 Servings

  1 1/2 lb Veal, 1/2" thick
    1/3 c  Bread crumbs, dry
    1/3 c  Parmesan; grated
      1    Egg; beaten
    1/3 c  Corn oil
      1 lg Onion; chopped
      8 oz Tomato sauce
     16 oz Tomatoes, stewed
           Salt; to taste
           Pepper; to taste
      1 ts Basil
    1/2 ts Oregano
  1 1/2 c  Mozzarella; grated

  Trim excess fat from veal, if any; cut into six pieces.  Pound each
  piece with a heavy mallet to quarter-inch thickness.

  Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; dip each piece of meat
  in the beaten egg, then in the crumb mixture. Heat oil in a large
  skillet; brown the steak well on both sides.  Remove the veal to
  paper towels to drain. Add onion, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes,
  salt, pepper, basil and orégano to the skillet, and stir to combine.
  Bring the mixture to a boil; lower the heat and simmer, uncovered,
  for 30 minutes.

  Spoon five tablespoons of cooked tomato mixture into the bottom of a
  13"x9"x2" baking dish (enough to lightly cover the bottom of the
  dish). Place the veal on top of the sauce in a single layer; pour the
  remaining sauce over the veal. Bake in a preheated 350 F. oven for
  one hour.  Remove from the oven; sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 15
  minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: POLLO PARMIGIANA
 Categories: Chicken, Italian
      Yield: 4 servings

      1 lb Chicken breast half; boneles
    1/2 c  Margarine; melted
      1 c  Parmesan; grated
      1 c  Bread crumbs
           Paprika
           Almonds, slivered

  Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken breasts first in melted
  margarine and then in cheese mixture.  Roll up tightly, tucking in
  the ends and placing seam side down in a shallow baking dish.  Secure
  chicken with toothpicks if necessary.  Drizzle any leftover margarine
  over the chicken. Sprinkle with paprika and arrange almond slivers
  for garnish.  Bake for one hour at 350 F.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.