Subject: Chicken and Sauerkraut
From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Mar 2000 12:39:21 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Chicken and Sauerkraut

1/4 lb. butter 
2 qts. sauerkraut 
I clove garlic
 1 frying chicken, cut in pieces
8 sm. red-skinned potatoes
Sour cream
 
Melt the butter over low heat in a very large pot or casserole, being careful 
not to let it brown. Add the sauerkraut with all its juice. Add the clove of 
garlic, mashed. Stir well. Add the chicken, cut in pieces, and the potatoes, 
peeled and whole. mix well, making sure the sauerkraut covers the chicken and 
potatoes. Cover and cook over low-medium heat for one hour and 15 minutes, 
stirring the pot occasionally during cooking. Serve directly from the 
casserole or from a platter, with the sour cream on the side in a separate 
bowl. Since Ricardo is a sauerkral]t nut, the amount in the above recipe 
serves at least eight. You'll have enough left over to cook another time, 
with sausages or pork or what have you. With this dish serve only very thin 
rye bread and butter and cold beer. 

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.