Subject: Chai Tea
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:00:05 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Bill Waddingtons Real Chai 

Tea merchant Bill Waddington of St. Pauls Tea sour ce shares his
recipe for Chai. 

1 teaspoon cardamom 
1 teaspoon sugar 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon cloves 
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 
1 14-ounce can condensed mild (sweetened or unsweetened) 

Mix the spices and condensed milk thoroughly. Refrigerate at least 24
hours. Brew a strong black tea (Assams are great) or Rooibos for an herbal
chai. Stir in 1/2 to 2 heaping teaspoons of chai concentrate mix per
cup of freshly steeped tea. Enjoy! 

Source: Bill Waddington via MPR's "Splendid Table"
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.