Subject: Panamanian Ceviche
From: "Rebecca Grissom" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Dec 1999 07:27:51 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Panamanian Ceviche

5 lbs. boneless Fish fillet (not mackerel)
3 white onions, minced
2 cup lime juice
1 tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 yellow pepper or chili pepper, minced
1 green pepper, minced (optional)
2 tomatoes, minced (optional)
2 or 3 drops Tabasco (optional)

Chop the fish in very small pieces, while raw.  Flake fish, if possible.  
Put in a deep glass dish.  DO NOT USE METAL.  Add other ingredients and mix 
together thoroughly.  Use enough lime juice to cover.  The lime juice cooks 
the fish.  Cover and place in refrigerator.  This can be prepared two or 
three days ahead, but must be refrigerated at least six hours before 
serving.  May be served in individual cups, cocktail glasses or party 
shells; or may be served in bowl and dipped onto crackers (saltine) and 
eaten as a snack.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.