Subject: Russian Torte from Salmon and Caviar
From: Shylock <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Apr 1997 13:11:52 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

It's a great appetizer. It is not cheap, but taste.... m-m-m-m... It is
very good for celebration because of price...

Torte from Salmon and Caviar

Crust
6 eggs
2.5   cup Flour
1 lb sour cream
1 tsp. butter for baking pan

Stuffing
1 lb cream cheese
1 lb smocked salmon
1/2 lb caviar
0.5 lb lettuce
4 yolks from boiled eggs

Mix yolks with salt gradually add by spoon flour and sour cream until all
compounds will incorporate. Mean time whip whites and add to batter.
Transfer batter to baking pan and bake with 350 deg. F. Check with
toothpick for readiness. Cool. Cut on three slices. 

For stuffing mix thoroughly boiled yolks with cream cheese add salt.
Spread two bottom circles. On top (between circles) place thin slices of
salmon. When third and last circle will be placed on top install on top of
it card-board or plywood with not very heavy ballast. Remove torte in cold
place for a couple of hours.. Meantime mix in food processor caviar and
cream-cheese, until gentle pink color. Remove ballast from the torte and
decorate torte by caviar + cream cheese cream, creating sort of screen. In
free square place "flowers" from salmon. 

Serve by slice as an appetizer

Phil

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.