Subject: Special Potato Pancakes
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1996 05:11:06 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

SPECIAL POTATO PANCAKES

These are unusual but delicious
the pancake mix actually can replace the flour in your potato pancake
recipes. So if you donUt want to try the following recipe, use your own.
Note: this is a party size, so cut in half for home use

4 1/2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
2 3/4 cups water( approx )
1/4 lb onion grated and drained, or 1 onion
1 1/4 lb potatoes finely shredded or 3 to 4 small to med
oil to fry

Add enough water to pancake mix to make a ( thick ) batter consistency. Have
your potatoes already shredded and set to go ( they turn brown quickly so I
soak the shredded potatoes in ice water and then drain and pat dry
just prior to using. Add potatoes and onions to the batter and stir to mix.
Have your oil hot ( 375 degrees ) in a heavy duty skillet .Drop batter by
tablespoonful  and cook until puffed and golden on each side. Try to cook
and turn once on each side only.Drain on absorbent paper and serve with the
usual stuff like sour cream, applesauce. maple syrup etc.

----
Recipe Internet     Recipes from AROUND THE WORLD   
to subscribe, send E-mail to [email-masked] 
with the subject SUBSCRIBE RECIPES

Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.