Subject: Broccoli with Garlic and Pasta
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:49:39 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, you said this about that:

> I am looking for recipes for Broccolli Scallop - this is a vegetarian
> casserole made with elbow macaroni and fresh broccoli.  The sauce
> is made with mayonnaise and Monterey Jack cheese is used. This
> came from vegetarian cookbooks of the '70s.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: PASTA WITH BROCCOLI & GARLIC
 Categories: Pasta, Vegetarian
      Yield: 6 servings

      1 bn Broccoli; trimmed & cut into
           -florets
    1/2 c  Extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 c  Butter, unsalted
      6 lg Garlic clove; sliced paper
           -thin
      2 ts Crushed red pepper flakes
      1 lb Orecchi; cooked

  Cook broccoli to desired tenderness in lightly salted boiling water.
  RESERVE 1 CUP of BROCCOLI COOKING WATER.  Drain remaining water from
  broccoli and cut into bite-size chunks; set aside.

  In a medium size saucepan; heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic
  slices and stir until lightly and evenly browned.  (At this point,
  you can remove and dicard the garlic, but I always leave it in!) Add
  the butter, stirring until melted.  Add red pepper flakes and simmer
  3 minutes. Add the reserved broccoli water and simmer another minute.
  Turn off heat and stir in broccoli. Cover and set aside while cooking
  pasta.

  Place cooked pasta into large bowl.  Pour broccoli sauce over pasta.
  Toss to coat and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and black
  pepper. YUM.

  This recipe is really yummy, don't really know where it came from -
  my Mom made it for years and I just modified it by adding the crushed
  red pepper flakes.  It's quick and easy - and even people that don't
  like broccoli, like this pasta recipe!

                  From:  Stephanie DiCamillo

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.