Subject: Brisket with Sauerkraut and Applesauce
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Sep 1999 05:33:23 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]
from USA

Brisket with Sauerkraut and Applesauce

1 can stewed tomatoes cut up ( 1 lb can)
8 oz. of prepared sauerkraut ( canned or fresh/frozen )
1 cup canned or homemade sweetened applesauce
2 tbs. dark brown sugar or to taste
1, 3 pound beef brisket
 
In a large cook pot place undrained tomatoes, sauerkraut with applesauce and 
brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and add brisket so that mixture can 
cover some of brisket.Cover and simmer until meat is fork tender ( about 3 hours
); spooning sauce over brisket intermittently. When meat is done, place brisket 
on serving platter. Remove excess fat from pot. Season sauce to taste ( more 
sugar, spices etc. ). Thicken if desired with a bit of cornstarch mixed with 
some cold water and add to sauce and cook and stir till thickened. For best 
serving, prepare brisket ahead of time, let cool completely, slice meat, cover 
with sauce and refrigerate till needed ( may be frozen ). Gently reheat and 
serve slices of meat and sauce. .Serves 6

Visit our web page: personal as well as fabulous culinary topics
http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ  posted each week  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.