Subject: Brandied Rabbit in Mustard Sauce
From: "Karl E. Moser (KE3NF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 1999 18:24:55 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

BRANDIED RABBIT IN MUSTARD SAUCE

   1       lg.           Rabbit, cut up, frying
   2       Tbsp           Extra Virgin Olive oil
   3       Tbsp           Butter 
   1       med           Red Onion, cut in four
   10                   Whole cloves
                  Salt to taste
   1/2     cup          Brandy
   4       Tbsp           Whipping cream
   1 1/2   Tbsp           Grainy coarse Dijon Mustard
   1       Tbsp           Corn Starch

Wipe meat pieces and trim off any fat. Heat olive oil and butter   in large 
skillet until bubbly. Add meat pieces and saute on all  sides until browned.  
While browning, press whole cloves into onion chunks (generously). Add  chunks 
to skillet in between meat pieces; add Bouquet garni. Sprinkle with  salt. 
Generously 'slosh' brandy over top (at least 1/2 cup). Cover.  Cook over medium 
to low heat about 30 minutes or until meat is cooked  through. Remove meat 
pieces from pan and keep warm. Discard onion chunks,  cloves . Increase heat to 
medium high. Add cream , cornstarch, and   mustard; cook, stirring constantly 
until slightly thickened. Return meat  to pan and coat on all sides with sauce. 
Serve at once.

Bon Appetit..    Karl(KE3NF)
Karls Eatery  [ICQ # 16639454]
http://24.3.49.34  or  http2//Karls_Eatery.com
Http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/machievelli/97

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.