Subject: Crockpot Boeuf (Venison) Bourguinonne
From: JSawyer <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Dec 1996 20:39:08 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

The following recipe could be easily done in a crockpot with Beef (I use
brisket) or Venison

Southern Living Venison Roast with Red Wine Gravy

3 - 5 Lb. Venison Roast
3 Cups Red Wine
2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
12 Black Peppercorns
6 While Allspice
12 Whole Cloves
1 Bay Leaf
3 Tbsp. Flour
1/4 cup Water

Remove any white membrane surrounding roast. Place roast in a shallow
dish. Combine wine, onion, and seasonings. Pour over meat and cover.
Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.

Remove roast from marinade, reserving marinade. Brown roast in a Dutch
Oven. Add marinade to roast, and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for
1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers  170 degrees.

Remove Bay Leaf  and discard. Remove roast, reserving marinade. Combine
flour and water, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to marinade,
cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Serve gravy
with roast. 6 to 8 servings.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.