Subject: Russian Blini
From: [email-masked] (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: 26 Mar 1999 01:48:46 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Russian Blini

1 pkg dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup plain yogurt, room temp
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup warm water
2 large egg whites

Sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm water.  Stir and allow to proof
until bubbly.  Blend yogurt with sugar, salt and oil.  Stir into
yeast mixture.  Add buckwheat flour and beat until smooth.  Cover
bowl and allow to stand in a warm spot for 20 minutes.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.  Stir 1 cup water into
buckwheat batter.  Fold in egg whites and let stand 10 minutes.

Spray a blini pan or 6-inch crepe pan with cooking spray.  Heat
the pan over medium heat.  Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter in the pan
and cook until top is bubbly.  Turn over and cook until crisp and
browned, about 5 minutes.  Hold in a 250F oven until ready to serve.
Repeat to make 12 blini.