Subject: Beet Cake
From: Douglas and Laurie Donofrio <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 1997 06:38:44 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Request: I need one more great breakfast bread recipe to go with my date nut
bread and zucchini bread to put in baskets for Christmas presents. I
plan on giving a small basket of 3 mini breakfast breads.

This is one of my favorites to give away for Christmas, of course I have
to save some for home!

Beet Cake

1 cup            oil
2 cups          sugar
3                  eggs
2 1/2 cups    flour
2 tsp            baking soda
2 tsp            cinnamon
1 tsp            salt
1/2 cup        cottage cheese
1 cup           pickled beets, drained and crushed
1 cup           crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup        shredded coconut
1 cup           chopped walnuts

Crush beets (easiest in food processor). In large bowl, mix oil and
sugar, then add the eggs and mix. Sift flour, soda, cinnamon and salt.
Mix beets, cottage cheese and pineapple, then add to oil mixture, add
flour, then nuts and coconut, mix after each.

Bake at 350 degrees in 2 loaf pans (5x9) for 1 hour 10 minutes or 9x13
pan for 55 minutes. Good served with whipped cream.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.