Subject: Beer Batter Chicken
From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jun 1996 08:40:23 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

For [email-masked] (Douglas Labrozzi) who was looking for
any and all recipes that include beer. 

BEER BATTER CHICKEN

2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
1/3 cup beer
1 egg
Vegetable oil
1 3-pound broiler-fryer cut up

1.  In bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder.  In another bowl, beat
together, beer, egg and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.  Stir liquid into
flour mixture.

2.  Coat half of chicken pieces with batter.

3.  Meantime, in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat 1/2 inch of oil
to 370 degree.

4.  Fry chicken pieces until browned and tender, about 20 minutes
turning once.  Drain on paper towels.  Repeat with remaining chicken.

From: Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook (1980)

Hope this is one you are looking for,

Lei 

===
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked]. 
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.