Subject: Beef Stroganoff
From: Moe Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:03:20 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In response to "webmon" <[email-masked]> message "Beef
Stroganoff: I'm looking for this recipe"  I provide the following
recipe.  I found this recipe in a friend's cookbook over 25 years ago
(and am sorry that I cannot properly credit the source).

This is a very quick and easy recipe that creates a delicious meal.
Note that the cut of meat makes a difference - a 'cheaper' cut may not
taste as good.  Also, you must serve this immediately (I prefer to serve
over a bed of buttered broad egg noodles).

I hope you enjoy it.

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. beef tenderloin
1/4 lb. butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 10 oz. can consomme soup
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 tbsp. flour

Cut the meat into thin strips.  In a large skillet, melt the butter and
fry the mushrooms.  Push the mushrooms to the side and quickly cook the
meat.  Push the meat aside and add the onions to the mushrooms.  Cook
until tender but not brown.  Mix together with the meat.  Add the flour
to the sour cream and mix well.  Add the consomme to the meat and bring
just to a boil.  Stir the sour cream and flour mixture quickly but
thoroughly into the dish.  Serve immediately over hot buttered broad
noodles or a bed of rice.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.