Subject: Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 03:19:55 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

Another stir-fry recipe, as requested.  This is very good and with
asparagus coming on before long (hope springs eternal...!).  It does
require a little time to do the chopping, but produce sections now carry
fresh vegetables already prepared for stir-fry, so it's a snap. 

Recipe originally from JoLynn Hill, Roosevelt, Utah

Good eating!

Peggy M

BEEF AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY

2 Tblsp cornstarch
1/2 cup plus 2 Tblsp water, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/9 tsp hot pepper sauce
1 pound boneless round steak (3/4" thick)
3 Tblsp cooking oil, divided
2 cups fresh asparagus pieces or broccoli florets 
1 cup sliced cauliflower
1 small sweet red pepper, julienned (can substitute green pepper)
1 small onion, cut into  1/4" wedges
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 Tblsp soy sauce
1 Tblsp ketchup
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Hot cooked rice

Combine cornstarch, 2 Tblsp water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. 
Slice beef into thin 3" strips; toss with the cornstarch mixture. 

In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry half of the beef
in 1 Tblsp oil until cooked as desire; remove from the skillet.  Repeat
with remaining beef and 1 Tblsp oil.  Stir-fry the asparagus and
cauliflower in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion;
stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet.  Combine the bouillon, soy
sauce, ketchup, vinegar and remaining water; add to the skillet.  Cook and
stir for 2 minutes.  Serve over rice. 

Yield: 6 servings

Peggy (Clan Elliott) and Casey T. Dog
[email-masked]    

rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions go to [email-masked].
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.