Subject: Barbequed Garlic Chicken
From: [email-masked] (Carey Starzinger)
Date: 19 Jun 1996 23:34:43 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02
 
      Title: Barbequed Garlic Chicken
 Categories: Poultry, Barbeque
      Yield: 6 servings
 
      3 lb Roasting chicken
      3 ts Garlic; chopped
      2 ts Salt
      2 tb Black peppercorns
      1 c  Fresh coriander; chopped
      2 tb Lime juice
           Tomatoes
           Scallions
 
  Cut chicken in half lengthwise, and remove bones, if desired.
  Crush the garlic with salt into a smooth puree.  Coarsely crush
  the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle or blender.  Combine
  in a flat dish with the coriander, and lime juice.  Rub the
  mixture well into the chicken on all sides, cover and
  refrigerate overnight or at least one hour.  Barbecue chicken
  over glowing coals, turning about every 5 minutes, until chicken
  is no longer pink and the skin is crisp.  Garnish with tomatoes
  and curls of scallions.  Serve with a salad of cucumber, scallions
  and tomatoes, seasoned with lime and salt.

MMMMM
         Please Visit the Hot and Spicy Cooking Page
                 http://www.teleport.com/~cstarz/
               ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/cstarz

===
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked]. 
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.