Subject: Barbecued Garlic Chicken
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Jan 2000 14:33:43 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Barbecued Garlic Chicken

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons black peppercorns
1 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
tomato
scallions

Cut chicken in half lengthwise, and remove bones, if desired. Crush the
garlic with salt into a smooth puree. Coarsely crush the peppercorns with a
mortar and pedestal or blender. Combine in a flat dish with the coriander,
and lime juice. Rub the mixture well into the chicken on all sides, cover
and refrigerate overnight or at least one hour. BBQ chicken over glowing
coals, turning about every 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and
the skin is crisp. Garnish with tomatoes and curls of scallions. Serve with
a salad of cucumber, scallions and tomatoes, seasoned with lime and salt.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories  194  Fat  7 g  Carbs  4 g  Sodium  847 Fiber  0 g.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.