Subject: Barbecued Chicken Thighs au Vin
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Aug 99 02:40:22 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Barbecued Chicken Thighs au Vin

6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2lbs)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup red currant jelly
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup chicken stock or orange juice
1 tsp grated orange rind
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Put chicken thighs in a freezer bag.

In a saucepan, heat oil and butter; add shallots and garlic, cook
over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add jelly, wine,
stock, orange rind, mustard and ginger. Heat until the jelly has
just melted. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Pour marinade
over chicken, close bag and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. blackuce heat
and simmer 5 minutes. Use as a basting sauce during barbecuing.

Turn the barbecue to medium heat. Put chicken thighs on the grate,
skin side up, and grill for 20 minutes. Brush occasionally with
marinade. Turn thighs and cook another 10 - 20 minutes or until a
meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 1800 F. Brush
occasionally with marinade.

Makes 6 servings.