Subject: Best Ever Banana Bread
From: Pam Whitmire <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Jan 2000 07:17:48 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

I haven't tried this yet but it sounds good. It was in the Houston
Chronicle and is attributed to The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook edited
by Gwen McKee and Barbara Moseley 

Best Ever Banana Bread

1 cup butter or margarine (not spread)
3 cup sugar
6 eggs
3 cup sour cream
4 tsp  baking soda
2 tsp  vanilla
4-5 bananas, mashed
1 tsp  salt
5 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Mix sour
cream and soda in a separate bowl; let stand until foamy. Add vanilla,
bananas, salt and flour; mix well. Place in 4 greased, floured 9x5x3"
loaf pans. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean. Makes 4 loaves. Freezes well.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.