Subject: Baked Stuffed Eggplant
From: Ben <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 2000 21:48:33 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Baked Stuffed Eggplant

2 small Eggplants; cut lengthwise
2 small Tomatoes, red ripe; halve/se
1/4 pound Mozzarella cheese; diced
5  Fresh basil leaves; shredded
2 tablespoons Fresh parsley; chopped
2  Cl Garlic; finely minced
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch Dried red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 350F. With a tablespoon, scoop out some of the pulp from the 
eggplant halves, making sure not to break the skin.  Place the eggplant halves 
on a large platter and sprinkle generously with slat.  Let stand about 20 
minutes to allow the salt to draw out the eggplant's bitter juices. Pat the 
eggplant dry with paper towels. Dice the pulp of the eggplant and put it in a 
bowl with the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parsley, garlic, and olive oil.  
Season with salt and pepper flakes.  Fill the eggplant's cavities with this 
mixture. Oil a baking dish lightly, and put the eggplant halves into the dish. 
Bake until they are lightly golden, soft to the touvh, and easily pierced with 
the tip of a thin knife, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the 
eggplants.  Serve hot or at room temperature.

http://www.recipeway.com/

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.