Subject: Asparagus with Zesty Orange Sauce
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Feb 2000 04:31:44 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

No-Fat Asparagus with Zesty Orange Sauce

What could be easier? Just stir four ingredients together for this luscious
sauce and heat for a minute or two. Next time, serve the sauce with green
beans or potatoes. Yum

2 pounds asparagus spears or 1-1/2 pounds broccoli
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise dressing
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
Dash pepper
Thin strips of orange Peel

Wash asparagus spears; scrape off scales, if desired. Break off woody bases
and discard. Or, wash and remove outer leaves of broccoli and tough parts of
stalks; cut lengthwise into spears.
Place asparagus or broccoli in a steamer basket over simmering water. Cover
and steam for 7 to 9 minutes for asparagus or 8 to 12 minutes for broccoli
or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Carefully remove steamer basket and
reserve 2 tablespoons of the steaming liquid.
For sauce, in a small saucepan whisk together the thawed orange juice
concentrate, mayonnaise dressing, mustard, and pepper until smooth. Stir in
1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved liquid to make sauce the desired
consistency. Cook and stir over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated
through. Do not boil.
To serve, arrange asparagus or broccoli on a serving platter; spoon sauce
over spears. Garnish with strips of orange peel.
Makes 8 servings.
Calories   49   Fat   0 g   Carbs   12 g   Sodium   104 mg   Fiber   2 g.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.