Subject: Apricot Chicken
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jan 2000 06:18:57 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Apricot Chicken

2 boneless chicken breasts
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 Tbsp Amaretto
1/2 cup pine nuts (pignoles), chopped
pinch Chinese 5 spice powder
pinch turmeric
2 Tbsp honey, optional

Wash chicken and pat dry. Set in freezer about 30 minutes to firm up and
easy to manipulate. While waiting for chicken, mix garlic, spices, apricots,
pine nuts and Amaretto. Preheat oven to 375: Lay chicken on cutting board
and slice about 3/4 through with sharp knife. Open it up like a butterfly and
flatten slightly. Place a heaping spoon of mixture on the chicken and then
fold over to close. You may want to secure with a toothpick. Set in a
greased, oven-proof dish. Add the honey to the remaining fruit mix and pour
over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes. Excellent with rice or couscous.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.