Subject: Akotonshi (Stuffed Crabs)
From: "RecipeWay.com Webmaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Feb 2000 12:25:35 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Akotonshi (Stuffed Crabs)

1 teaspoon Salt
1  Inch fresh ginger root
6  Whole cloves
4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 small Onion,  minced
1 teaspoon Ground ginger
2  Tomatoes,  finely chopped
1 tablespoon Tomato paste
2  Bell peppers,  finely
  Chopped
 pinches Paprika
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Dried shrimp,  from
  Oriental shop
1/2 cup Bread crumbs,  whole wheat
1  Egg,  hard Boiled chopped
1  Sprig parsley
2 pounds Crab meat

Yield: 6 servings [I think this recipe assumes raw crabmeat to start;
refer to instructions below about boiling crab meat and alter technique if
using precooked crab meat, perhaps by just boiling some ginger and cloves
in small amount of water and adding a bit to flavor crab. , ] Put crab
meat in boiling salted water along with ginger piece and cloves. Cook
about 15 minutes, until meat is tender enough to flake with a fork. Drain,
flake and set aside. In a heavy pot, heat oil to a moderate temperature
and add other ingredients in the following sequence, stirring for a minute
or so between each: onions, ground ginger, tomatoes, tomato paste, green
pepper, paprika, cayenne, and dried shrimp.  Reduce heat and simmer for
4-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are cooked.  Add crab
meat and stir another couple of minutes to heat it through.  Then spoon
the mixture into clean crab shells or ramekins (small individual baking
dishes). Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each crab and toast under an oven
broiler, being careful not to let the crumbs scorch.  Garnish with egg and
parsley. 

Recipe By     : African News
Cookbook-African Cooking for Western Kitchens From: Ladies
Home Journal

http://www.recipeway.com/
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.