Vice Provost & Dean of Students Office Staff
David Nestor, Ph.D.
Dean of Students
- Shares responsibility for overseeing strategic planning and administrative leadership for the division
- Provides supervision for 4 departments and Dean of Students office staff.
- Provides primary leadership for student conduct issues and policies.
- Contact: David.Nestor@uvm.edu
Assistant Dean for Policy and Climate
- Oversees student conduct policies, and serves as appellate officer for all student conduct matters
- Responsible for division’s diversity initiatives (e.g., staff development, assessment),
- Coordinates Divisional Diversity Council
- Contact: Jilliene.Johnson@uvm.edu
Assistant Dean for Retention
- Responsible for supporting student retention
- Communicates with parents and family members when students need additional support
- Partners with academic and administrative units to educate faculty and staff about barriers to students’ success
- Oversees campus’s behavioral intervention team (CARE team), and coordinates threat assessment response teams
- Contact: Nicholas.Negrete@uvm.edu
Patience E. Whitworth, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean for Assessment, Student Learning, and Technology
- Responsible for all assessment and strategic planning activities for the division (Results based Accountability model).
- Oversees technology resources and needs for the division.
- Coordinates the division’s technology team.
- Oversees the selection and retention of the Higher Education and Student Affairs graduate assistants employed throughout campus.
- Contact: Patience.Whitworth@uvm.edu
Assistant to the Vice Provost
- Responsible for directly assisting the Vice Provost and Dean of Students
- Oversees the Dean of Students office reception, staff scheduling, and logistical matters
- Coordinates major divisional events
- Contact: email@example.com
Last modified December 19 2015 08:49 AM