University of Vermont

Untitled Document
Grading at UVM

Studying Abroad

:: Where to Start

  • Contact the Office of International Education (OIE) to learn about the hundreds of study abroad programs available and how to apply.
  • Make an appointment with our office (call us at (802) 656-0867, stop in to Waterman 339, or email us at to review how to insure that your courses will transfer.

:: Degree Completion while at UVM

  • There are limits on the number of credits transferred that may be applied to the degree program and major selected. In general, 30 of the last 45 credits earned for the UVM degree must be taken at the University. Consult the online catalogue for specific college/school policies.

:: While You're Away

  • Courses change. You may decided to add or drop classes. Make sure to keep us up to date about the courses you're taking. Email your final course schedule to so we can let you know how the classes you end up taking will transfer back to UVM.
  • Before you return make sure to request that a transcript be sent directly to our office. It is much easier to request a transcript while you are still at an institution than after you have returned.

:: When You Return

  • If you are taking a course in the hopes it will be transferable for a specific course, be prepared to provide course materials (syllabus, exams, papers, notes) to our office to assist in your transfer evaluation. If you have questions about which courses you may need to provide course materials for please contact us at or (802) 656-0867.

Last modified August 24 2016 09:24 AM

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131