Office of the Registrar
Instructions for Using CATS on the Web
Faculty Instructions for Using CATS on the Web
- If possible, use Internet Explorer as your browser. Go to the Registrar's Web Page and click on "Faculty Registration
Override and more."
- Enter your UVM User ID and your current PIN. Click on "Login."
- On the Main Menu page, click on "Faculty Menu."
- On the Faculty Menu page, click on "CATS Reports."
- On the CATS page, click on "Submit an Audit."
- Enter your advisee's Student ID number and click "Submit ID."
- On the Submit Audit page, your advisee's name should appear. Select the "Latest" version of the degree program (the only one currently available), then choose "List
All Requirements," (this option is recommended because it provides the most information) "Incomplete Requirements Only" or "Complete Requirements Only" and click "Run
- On the Run CATS Audit page, the note "The audit has been submitted" will appear. Click on "View submitted audits."
- The List of Available Audits page should contain the audit just submitted. Click on the degree program link to open up the audit.
- The advisee's audit will appear below the Disclaimer. Scroll down the page to view the audit, or you may click on the red navigation buttons to be taken to various
sections of the audit. A legend appears at the bottom of the audit.
- To return to the previous page, use your "Back" button, or click on the "Return to Audit List" link located in the first shaded box just above the student's name. (Do
not use the "Return to Student's CATS Menu" link in the upper right corner because that will take you out of the Faculty Menu system.)
- On the List of Available Audits page, click on the "Return to Faculty CATS Menu" in the upper right hand corner to submit another audit. Or you may click on the
"Request an Audit" link at the bottom of the page.
- When you are done submitting and viewing audits, click on the "Exit" link in the upper right hand corner.
A service of the UVM Office of the Registrar, located at
360 Waterman Building, 85 So. Prospect St., University of Vermont,
Burlington, VT 05405
Last revised: 11/02/2006