- Manage and provide daily collection of over 1.5 tons of
paper, cans & bottles for recycling from the University campus.
- Oversee the daily
collection of trash and cardboard from larger containers,
by a private contractor.
- Coordinate daily pickup of
food waste for composting from all dining hall locations.
- Respond to all special pickup requests for: surplus property, appliances,
wood pallets, scrap tires, old computers and whatever else University departments throw at us!
- Oversee the safe disposal of
scrap computers, CRT’s and monitors
- Conduct recycling
education, advocacy, communications and
with students, staff and faculty and the neighboring community.
- Coordinate recycling at major seasonal events such as Student Move-In and Move-Out Week where we collect over 5 tons of donated items.