Corrugated Cardboard & Boxboard
must be emptied and flattened. Office
staff must place boxes
next to the recycling bins inside buildings. Custodial and
housekeeping staff will bring boxes to designated cardboard dumpsters
located outside. Large amounts of cardboard boxes from dining and
maintenance areas should be brought directly to the cardboard
PLEASE DO NOT
- BOXES MUST BE EMPTIED &
- Corrugated cardboard - has the "wavy" layers inside
- Pizza boxes are okay.
- Soda or beer carton carriers.
- 6-pack, 12-pack or 24-pack boxes
Cardboard is delivered to the Chittenden Material
Recycling Facility, sorted from other types of papers and
shipped to mills for recycling into new carton
- Wax coated boxes, such as broccoli boxes.
- "Yellow" cardboard
- Pizza crust, food, napkins
- Excessive packing tape or duct tape
[Return to Recycling
& Waste Disposal Guide>