Recycling & Waste Management
OSCAR: Office Supply Collection And Reuse
In January 2008, the OSCAR room had once again been moved. The new space is located in Billings-Ira Allen Lecture Hall Building, down the long corridor from its original location. The new and improved space has better shelving, and better access to see items on display making it easier for folks to drop off or pick up used office supplies. (We plan to remain in this space for at least another 12-18 months.)
Where to find OSCAR? OSCAR is located in Room I-112 which is near the MLK Lounge and down the hall from the HR Training & Development classroom. The door is never locked! Just stop by anytime.
What is OSCAR? OSCAR --
which stands for Office Supply Collection And Reuse -- is
a program organized by
the UVM Recycling office to collect
and redistribute reusable office supplies
among campus offices, departments and student groups. OSCAR is a
self-service place where you can bring unwanted but
useful supplies from your office so that other departments and people
on campus can use them. It's also a place to find usable items, donated
by others, for your
office or own use. Don't spend money on new office supplies until you
check out OSCAR.
OSCAR is a FREE service.
- Storage media, disks, etc. MUST BE SECURELY ERASED. See ETS Security website for how to.
- manila/pendaflex folders
- paper clips, rubberbands and
- 3-ring binders
- obsolete staitonery (for scrap paper)
- desk accessories &
- campus mail envelopes; mailing supplies
- picture frames, staplers,
- any SMALL
and LOW-VALUE items
Here's how it works:
- OSCAR is located in Billings Ira Allen Lecture Hall, Room I-112, on the ground floor.
- Stop by anytime.
- The OSCAR closet door should
(If you have trouble getting access, please call UVM Recycling at 656-5731 or email <email@example.com>
- Drop off or take away any supplies.
- Please Sign the Log Book.
- Please shut off the light switch when you leave.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING THESE ITEMS TO OSCAR:
- Rolm Phones or Meridian
Phones or any Telecom-related
Please return these items to UVM Telecommunications. Call 656-3337 and
they will pick up.
- Toner Cartridges for Laser Printers should be returned to the University Bookstore for recycling. Call 656-3290 for details.
- Computers, Monitors or Peripherals - Please turn these type of items into UVM Recycling program. See Recycling & Waste Disposal Guide for details.
- Obsolete Software Manuals - Please recycle these with Paper instead.
- Broken Items - should be tossed in the trash.
Last modified March 17 2014 12:06 PM