Recycling & Waste Management
Freecycle@Work at UVMIn October 2010, we activated a new "Freecycle@Work" website for University of Vermont staff, faculty and employees. Freecycle@Work is an on-line system for exchanging reusable items within the UVM workplace. Think of it as a virtual OSCAR (Office Supply Collection And Reuse) where you can post items from your office or browse items that other departments no longer need. It can be a great way to get rid of or find office supplies, laboratory supplies & equipment, computer supplies and other small items to keep them in circulation among UVM departments. You can upload a photo of the item too.
- To sign up....login using your uvm email address, but create
a specific user password for the site.
Do not use your UVM netid password. You will be grouped to UVM by your email domain - only other
@uvm.edu email addresses can view and post to the site.
- Use your simple "@uvm.edu" address. The system
will not recognize other domains (e.g., cems.uvm.edu,
- After you sign in, click the "Edit Your Profile" link to
add your campus location, and set your preferences.
- Indicate if the item is "Wanted" or an "Offer."
And be sure to
check the box if item is "Company Owned" meaning it can only
redistributed to another UVM department or employee.
transfer of items or assets with a value of more than $5,000 must
be reported to the University Controller's Office in accordance to UVM Policy on Moveable Equipment.
- Any computer or storage device going to another person must be "sanitized" first and all data removed. Windows and Macintosh instructions from ETS are online here: https://www.uvm.edu/it/security/erase/ or check with your department's IT support staff.
Here's the link to get started: http://quickbase.intuit.com/freecycle
The "Freecycle@Work" site does not replace the existing OSCAR program nor the UVM Surplus program. It is simply another way to encourage reuse and redeployment of UVM assets WITHIN UVM before they go out to the general public Surplus Barn, the recycling bin, or the landfilll.
Last modified November 15 2010 04:44 PM