Gucciardi - Campus Recreation Fitness Center
The Gucciardi Fitness Center at UVM provides 57 pieces of cardio equipment including: 8 TRUE Treadmills, 4 Woodway Treadmills, 11 Precor Elliptical Trainers, 4 Cybex upright bikes, 2 Cybex recumbent bikes, 2 StairMasters, 3 Stair Steppers, 8 Cybex ARC Trainers, 2 Precor AMT's, 2 Octane Lateral X's, 2 E-Spinner Bikes, 2 Keiser Spin Bikes, 1 SciFit Upper Body, 1 Versa Climber, 1 Concept II Ski Erg and 4 Concept II Rowers made right here in Northern Vermont. There are over 30 stations of selectorized weight machines from leading names such as Cybex, BodyMasters and Nautilus as well as Plate Loaded and Free Weight Equipment including 2 lifting platforms. A cardio room boasts 3 42" wall mounted TV's with broadcast vision audio capabilities.
Fitness Center Images
|Monday - Thursday
||6am - Midnight
||6am - 10pm
||8:30am - 8pm
||8:30am - Midnight
The fitness center is located in the Gucciardi Fitness and Recreation Center.
- Shirts that cover the midriff are required (no altered tank tops exposing the midriff will be permitted).
- Clothing that restricts
the natural movement of the body, thus increasing the risk of injury, is not
- Pants that have rivets (blue jeans) or unyielding material that may damage the equipment is not permitted.
- Proper foot attire required, no boots, open
toed shoes, or bare feet allowed.
- Food and drinks (i.e., soda and juices) are not permitted. Water is permitted
so long as it is in a closeable container.
- Individuals should limit their workout on a piece of cardio equipment to
30 minutes if someone else is waiting.
- Unload and rack all weights when finished. Return all dumbbells and barbells
to their proper place when finished.
- It is highly recommended that all users of free weight use spotters and
- Individuals should not sit and socialize on the machines if they are not
exercising. People may be waiting for the machine.
- Please use the spray bottles and rags to clean the machine when you have
finished using it.
- Personal belongings may not be on the floor of the Fitness Center. They
must be put in the cubbies provided or be left in the locker room. Campus
Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please wear a clean pair of shoes. All footwear must be dry and free of
sand and dirt before participating. It is recommended that patrons bring a
second pair of workout sneakers.