Gucciardi Fitness Center at UVM provides 44 pieces of cardio equipment including: 10 Life
Fitness Treadmills, 2 Woodway Treadmills, 10 Precor Elliptical Trainers, 4 Life
Fitness upright bikes, 4 Life Fitness recumbent bikes, 6 stair climbers, 4 Cybex
ARC Trainers and 4 Concept II rowers made right here in Northern Vermont. There
are over 30 stations of selectorized weight machines from leading names such
as Cybex, BodyMasters and Nautilus as well as Plate Loaded and Free Weight Equipment
from these companies. A newly remodeled cardio room boasts 3 42" wall mounted
plasma TV's with broadcast vision audio capabilities.
|Monday - Thursday
||6am - Midnight
||6am - 10pm
||10am - 8pm
||10am - Midnight
The fitness center is located in the Gucciardi Fitness and Recreation Center.
- Shirts must always be worn. Also, blue jeans or clothing that restricts
the natural movement of the body, thus increasing the risk of injury, is not
permitted as well as clothing that may damage the equipment.
- Proper foot attire required, no boots or open
- Food and drinks (i.e., soda and juices) are not permitted. Water is permitted
so long as it is in a closeable container.
- Individuals should limit their workout on a piece of cardio equipment to
30 minutes if someone else is waiting.
- Unload and rack all weights when finished. Return all dumbbells and barbells
to their proper place when finished.
- It is highly recommended that all users of free weight use spotters and
- No chalk is allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Individuals should not sit and socialize on the machines if they are not
exercising. People may be waiting for the machine.
- Please use the spray bottles and rags to clean the machine when you have
finished using it.
- Personal belongings may not be on the floor of the Fitness Center. They
must be put in the cubbies provided or be left in the locker room. Campus
Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please wear a clean pair of shoes. All footwear must be dry and free of
sand and dirt before participating. It is recommended that patrons bring a
second pair of workout sneakers.