- CREDIT BY EXAM: PEAC is no longer offering credit by exam.
- The proficiency levels for the skills of our courses are indicated by the
following number designations:
1-4 Course accommodates and teaches skills from level 1 through 4
Students enrolled in the wrong level may be asked to change sections, if possible.
CLUB SPORT CREDIT: Club sport athletes must obtain their club advisor's signature on a drop-add form in order to register for Club Sport Credit. All Club Sport athletes will receive either an "S" or "U" as a grade for PEAC 005.
VARSITY SPORT CREDIT: All varsity athletes should register for Varsity Sport Credit (PEAC 000) on-line prior to the add/drop deadline.
- Please read these special instructions for the following activity classes:
SCUBA, Bowling, Rock Climbing, Intermediate Sailing, Learn to Sail, Group Fitness, and Platform Tennis.
- SCUBA: The first class meeting for ALL sections will be the lecture on the first Wednesday of the semester (no pool work the first week of classes). All diving classes meet in the pool at the time listed. Lecture classes meet in Kalkin 002, Wednesdays 7-9PM. A history of asthma could preclude students from being allowed to enroll in SCUBA Diving class.
- BOWLING: The first class meeting for all Bowling classes will be held in the Hall of Fame Room of Patrick Gymnasium (located directly under the main front lobby of Patrick Gymnasium). There are stairs on each side of the main front lobby of Patrick Gym that lead down to the Hall of Fame Room. All remaining classes will be held at Spare Time Bowling Center in Colchester. All students must provide their own transportation to the Bowling Center and sign a transportation waiver.
- ROCK CLIMBING: The first class meeting for Rock Climbing classes will be held in the Fitness Center Lobby on the date and time of the first scheduled class meeting for each class. All remaining classes will be held at Petra Cliffs Climbing Center, Burlington, VT. Students must provide their own transportation to the Climbing Center and sign a transportation waiver.
- PLATFORM TENNIS: This course meets at Burlington Tennis Club located at 12 1/2 C East Terrace, which is around the corner from the PFG Athletic Complex.
- INTERMEDIATE SAILING & LEARN TO SAIL: All classes meet at the Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center on the Burlington Waterfront. Follow College Street toward Lake Champlain to the Burlington Bike Path. At the bike path, walk north about ¼ mile. First class meeting is at the Sailing Center. Students must provide their own transportation to the Sailing Center and sign a transportation waiver.
- GROUP FITNESS: All students who register for PEAC 027 will be automatically registered for a group fitness pass (no additional charge). This pass will give registered students access to all Campus Recreation group fitness classes throughout the entire semester, even after the class requirement has been met. An informational meeting will take place on the first day of classes at noon in the Bostwick Room.
- LIFEGUARDING TRAINING: This course will meet in PFG Room 117 and the pool. Students should report to the pool for the first day of class. All students must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping. All students who have met the course requirements will be able to be tested for their certification at the conclusion of this course.
- WSI TRAINING: This course will meet in PFG Room 117 and the pool. Students should report to the pool for the first day of class. All students must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping. All students who have met the course requirements will be able to be tested for their certification at the conclusion of this course.
- PEAC FEE REFUNDS: After the Add/Drop period ends, requests for refunds may be requested for considersation through the Associate Director of Campus Recreation, Programs. Requests will be considered on an individual basis and those approved will adhere to the tuition refund schedule set by Student Financial Services.
Last modified January 03 2014 12:15 PM