Participating in any Campus Recreation Program/Activity or Access to any Facility requires a valid UVM or Campus Recreation ID
Students (Full-time, Part-time, and Continuing Education),
Staff, and Retirees
- No recreational fee assessed. There are fees for intramural and fitness participation.
- May check out equipment, sponsor guests, and rent towels and lockers.
- Summer Continuing Education students will be assessed a fee.
Spouses and Dependents of Full-Time Students, Faculty, Benefited Staff, and Retirees
- May use the facility during designated family hours with lesser restrictions over semester breaks, and the summer session. (see Family Hours section below)
- Dependents under age 16 and guests of all ages must be accompanied in the Recreation Facilities by their UVM sponsor.
- Spouses and dependents may rent towels and lockers; guests may not.
- Dependents under the age of 18 may not use the Fitness Center, Fit Zone, or participate in Group Exercise Classes.
Alumni, Non-Benefited Staff (Temp), Fletcher Allen Employees, Spouses/Dependents (only those eligible for a Extended Benefit ID from the CatCard Office)
- Eligible to purchase a Campus Recreation Membership.
- For more information regarding membership opportunities please access our Membership Webpage or contact Rachel Valyou.
- Students, faculty, staff, and retirees may sponsor guests on a daily basis.
- Spouses and dependents may only sponsor guests during family hours.
- One-day guest passes are $7, and may be purchased at the Campus Recreation Office only on the day to be used. They are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- A host with a current UVM ID must accompany all guests, at time of purchase and throughout their stay in the facilities.
- Guests may not participate in intramural sports, purchase drop in group exercise passes, or special events.
- Guests may not check out equipment from the Campus Recreation Equipment Room.
- A guest pass does not include towel and locker service.
- Guests under the age of 18 may not use the Fitness Center, participate in Group Exercise or Instructional Recreation Courses. (Exception: if you are a UVM Student under the age of 18 you are allowed access).
Attendees of UVM Conferences and Special Events
- Guest passes are available for purchase:
- $8 a day or $25 a week at the Campus Recreation Front Desk
- Conference administrators interested in large group discounts should contact Conference and Event Services while making arrangements for your visit and inquire about having pre printed cards available for your conference attendees.
Patrons must present valid identification (UVM CATcard or biometric identity) to access Campus Recreation facilities or programs. If your UVM CATcard is lost or stolen, the card must be replaced at the CATcard Office (Located in the Davis Center). If you forget your UVM CATcard, to gain access to Campus Recreation facilities or Campus Recreation program/activity, you may:
- Use Biometric Identity
- Register for biometrics at the Campus Recreation front desk
- Retrieve your UVM CATcard
- Purchase a $7.00 facility or $10.00 group exercise guest pass
Biometric Identification scanners will be available in multiple areas of the facility and may be used to gain access to the facilities and/or programs. You must pre-register your biometric identity prior to use. Registering your biometric identity takes approximately 2 minutes and may be done at the Campus Recreation front desk.
At this time biometrics may NOT be used to gain access to Racquetball/Squash Courts, Gutterson Rink, or Patrick Gym. ID policies for Intramural sports may vary; check out the Intramural Sports policies for more information.
A UVM CATcard is required for facilities and/or programs where biometrics is not available. For facilities without biometrics, if you forget your ID you may use two “Forgotten ID Passes” per semester. Once individuals have used their 2 “Forgotten ID Passes” they will be billed $7.00 for each additional occurrence.
Semester defined: Each participant will receive 2 "Forgotten ID Passes" per semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer). The start and end of semesters is defined as:
- Fall: Start of fall classes through the start of spring classes
- Spring: Start of spring classes through graduation (May)
- Summer: Graduation through the start of fall classes
For more information on biometric identification please read our fact sheet.
- Use Biometric Identity
- Students, faculty, staff, and retirees may purchase passes for guests at any time. Spouses and dependents may only purchase passes for guests to use during family hours. For more information about guest passes, see information above on Guests.
Last modified February 02 2015 04:25 PM